Sunday, December 09, 2007

Share the Road

I am getting a little tired of being run off the road. Especially when it is intentional. Today on an otherwise terrific ride on a day that was amazing, I was run completely off the road by a tractor trailer from Allen's Family Foods. It was on Route 49 just outside of Liberty, on a long straight section of road, so there was no excuse. I heard the truck coming for quite a while, and when it got to me, rather than give me any room the driver moved over just enough to let the tractor clear me and then moved back, letting the trailer squeeze me off the road. I was going about 20mph, and hit the brakes when I dropped off the road. The shoulder was smooth enough so I kept control of my bike, but still... This is the third time in the past few weeks I have had something pulling a trailer come close to hitting me. I am probably going to write to Allen's, but I doubt it'll do any good. It would be nice if they'd educate their drivers. Bike BELONG on the roads.

No comments: