Friday, December 28, 2007

Getting Some Miles

It's been a good week for riding, especially since I only worked one day, and the weather has been good. So far I've gotten in 95 miles, and only 30 of that was on the trainer. That was last Sunday when it was raining and windy. It's so nice to be able to get out in the late morning, but this vacation thing ends on January 2. The weather was almost perfect both yesterday (31 miles) and today (34 miles). Yesterday was mid 50's and sunny, today, mid 50's and cloudy. Can't ask for much better than that at the end of December.

Still have far too many Christmas sweets around the house. I've OD'ed on them. Then there's going to be the withdrawal when they're finally gone. Is there someplace to go for sugar shock rehab?

Got my eye on a couple of bikes on EBay. I need to expand my collection a bit so can get the Fuji off the road long enough to strip it and paint it, and save it.

I saw this over at Drunkcyclist, then on Velonews. I guess we're sub-human. Who deserves decapitation. You don't have to look very hard to find idiots.

No comments: