Monday, December 24, 2007

Local News?

Where do people go for news about things that happen in and around Liberty? I heard someone was killed last night in a collision with a train in Liberty, so I looked at all the sites I could think of - WGHP, digtriad.com, Courier-Tribune, News and Record, and nothing. I even checked out the Liberty Leader, but I don't know why. It's a bi-monthly paper publication, but, hey guys, you have a website - you could put local stuff on it daily. If anyone out there knows what happened - send it over. Maybe this blog should become the place to go to for local news.

At last, Saturday I rode on the road. The weather was ten degrees cooler than the Weather Channel promised, the wind was a bit stronger, and it was misting, but it was a nice ride. I got in 36 miles. I am getting closer to the fitness level I had last year before having to stop riding due to asthma caused by, of all things, a building related illness (try convincing your employer that their building is making you sick - HA!). Sunday I stayed in and rode the trainer for 30 miles. It was warm enough out there, and I don't mind riding in the rain, in fact I kind of like it, but the 15 to 25 mph wind talked me out of it. The trainer does give a good indication of any improvement in fitness, since all the variables are controlled. This 30 mph workout averaged a full .6 mph faster than last weekend's, at less effort, so there may well be some benefit to the torture.

Well, it's Christmas Eve, and I'd better wrap some presents.

No comments: