Saturday, March 08, 2008

MINE!

I don't have it yet, but it's paid for and coming.

Went to Performance this morning and looked at the bikes. The only Roubaix in the 58 cm size was an '07, and there weren't any 61's of anything for me to try. They got it down off the rack, and it felt pretty good just sitting on it in the store. The salesman put some pedals on it and I took it for a spin. It felt really nice, but just a little too short from seat to handle bars. I asked about the Pro model, which was the one I really wanted, anyway. He checked Fuji's inventory and said he could get either the 58 or the 61. I was about to order the 58, but changed my mind and went for the 61, even though I couldn't try one. I figure it can't be too big, and the 58 felt a little cramped. The one I'm riding now is a 64, and feels just a tiny bit too big, so 61 ought to be perfect. I'm 6'2" and Fuji's sizing chart also says the 61 is right for me. It should be in by the end of the week. I can't wait. It's been a long time between bikes, I bought the one I'm riding now sometime around 1980, I think.

We had 30 mph wind today with gust of 50 mph. I set the trainer up in front of the tv and forced myself to do an hour and twelve minutes while watching the NASCAR race. That worked out to 20 miles, but it's hard to stay motivated sitting in one spot. Tomorrow the wind is supposed to be 15 to 25, so I'll probably go play in traffic, which is pretty sparse now with these gas prices.

I want to ride my new bike.

3 comments:

sarah said...

Congratulations! You deserve it! I hope you can bring it home soon and I'm looking forward to seeing the first pics of it. Will it be the same color scheme? I like that black and red and the white bar tape. It looks fast. Maybe your average speeds will go up just from the new technology ;)

2_wheels said...

Hi. The guy at Performance said it would take about a week to get it. I'm hoping it'll be sooner. It is the same color as the picture, which I kind of like too. The test ride was my first time with modern components, what a revelation! And the brakes amazed me. I am thinking that the fact that it weighs 11 pounds less than the one I'm riding now should help the averages, too.

The specs are here, if you're interested.Roubaix
Thanks for the encouragment.
Take care.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your new bike!!! However, I am disappointed that it isn't blue like your old one or green!