Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ides of March

There was a lot going on today, had to run down to Salisbury this morning to bring the college student home for the weekend, then go into Greensboro so the other child could buy the Xbox he'd been saving for. I didn't get out to ride until 2:30 or so. The same weather system that created all the havoc in Atlanta was coming, so I looked at the weather radar on The Weather Channel website (I can do that now with the high speed internet. It looked clear, so off I went. ABout 16 miles in, it started to thunder. I was riding by the middle school right then, so I rode down to it and got under the entrance way to the building and called CJ to come get me. The rains came while I was waiting. I don't mind riding in the rain and getting wet, but I hate lightning, and there was a lot of it. When we got home, about 20 minutes after I called, we were under a severe thunderstorm warning. Glad I had a place to stop and wait.

No comments: