Friday, March 14, 2008

Commute

Well, I finally did it. I rode to work this afternoon, three mile to and three miles from. I changed my riding style a bit for the ride. If I ride in my usual "go as fast as I can for as long as I can" style I'll be drenched in sweat by the time I get there. So, low cadence, slightly slower speeds, and try not to elevate the heart rate too much. It seemed to work, but it was only about 72 degrees. If I'm still employed there (or anywhere else - looked at the help wanteds lately? Nuthin') in a couple of months even slow won't prevent perspiration. I was practicing this technique on the way home - forcing myself to go slow, when Sweet Pea saw me and wanted to race. I couldn't disappoint her, so I accelerated (up hill into a headwind). She let me win this time.

It looks like I'll have to wait until Monday to get my new bike. I really wanted it for this weekend. Two more days for the old Fuji. It's going to be restored though - it'll make a great grocery getter/commuter. It already has a rack, I'll probably put a basket of some sort on the rack and put the old flat pedals back on it. It's not going to get to retire.

Formula One racing starts this weekend - real racing!

No comments: