Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Flats


I came home from work last night looking forward to my first real evening ride of the year. Plenty of time before the sun set. I got my clothes changed and all my stuff ready, went out to the shed, grabbed the bike, all by about 5:20 and - the front tire's flat! Well, at least it's the front, I don't need any wrenches to take it off, and I've got a patch kit, so all is not lost. As I work the tire off the rim I look for anything that might have punctured it, but I don't see anything. When I finally get it off, I find the stem has failed. This isn't the first one I've had do this, and I don't know why it happens. Fortunately, I've got a spare tube, too, so I put that in, remount the tire, pump it up and see that I put the tire on going the wrong direction. Let the air out, take the tire off and remount it in the right direction. Finally I get to leave, but it's almost 6:00. Still, I got in 26 miles @ 17.4 mph. It was almost dark when I got home.

Spring is here. This time of year, from now through May is beautiful here in NC. This is the plum tree I planted in the front yard last summer.

The trees lining the street in front of the place I am still working at. The new place in High Point is in an ugly, dirty, old industrial area. I think people will miss this.

No comments: