Saturday, February 09, 2008

Mo' Miles

I bumped up the mileage today. Not many more, just six, but ya gotta start somewhere. Up to 41.34 from the 35.9 I've been doing on Saturdays.

Went out earlier today, left about 9:20 because there was this list of other things I wanted to do today, so I figured if I got the ride out of the way I'd be able to; take the sixteen year old out for a driving lesson (I don't want to talk about it); take CJ shopping; work in the yard; other stuff that I don't remember right now, and, if I am lucky, never will, so I don't have to do them, oh, and start the income tax thing. I only got in the ride and the driving lesson before the 19 year old took the car. I'm going to go LOOK at the yard and hope for some motivation. Or inspiration

Temperature at the start was a very un-February 50°, and about 60° when I finished, not a cloud in the sky, and very little wind, even though the Weather Channel says it's blowing at 10 to 20 mph. Tomorrow the wind is supposed to be 20 to 30 with gusts to 40, so think I'll drag out the trainer and maybe just do a recovery day on it.

I saw two other cyclists today, but they were going the opposite way, so didn't speak to them. Still, there are a lot of them around here, so getting a group together shouldn't be impossible. It would be nice to ride with others once in a while.

On the advice of CJ, who, like most people, is much smarter than me, I am going to move the work stuff here, and try to keep this blog for bikes and fun stuff. So, now I have two blogs to babble about things on.

NASCAR season starts, so there's some races to watch again. Can't wait for Indy cars (and it looks like both series could finally merge this year), and F1.

No comments: