Sunday, January 13, 2008

Light and Variable

Well, at least that's what the Weather Channel web site said the wind would be. This time of year there always seems to be a 10 or 15 mph wind, which when it is at my back is a lot of fun. But then, since all my rides are loops, I pay for it at some point. I was so looking forward to a ride with little wind to get a better idea of where my fitness level is and perhaps take a shot at the 18 mph goal since that'll have to come on a windless day. The light and variable yesterday sure felt like 10 to 15 to me, though. Maybe even more because I was having trouble holding a straight line when it was blowing across the road. It also was a headwind on the longest and steepest hills on my ride. That makes for a good workout, I guess. Still, I got in 37.81 miles at 16.2 mph. My total for the year is now in triple digits, so that looks a little better.

No comments: